2010 to 2015 government policy: marine fisheries
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
What the government is doing to protect fish stocks by managing quotas, reducing discards, reforming fisheries and funding research and monitoring programmes.
Published: 9 April 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Further update around IFCA enforcement powers.
- Updated to reflect IFCA enforcement powers.
- Updated as the first report of the conduct and operation of Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authorities (2010-2014) has now been published.
- Added link to latest consultation on latent capacity in English inshore fishing fleet.
- Updated to reflect our new consultation on the demersal landing obligation (discard ban) in England.
- Updated UK shell fisheries section
- Added links to the latest consultation on IFCA operation and conduct.
- Fixed some broken links
- Updated to include link for new consultations on common fisheries policy measures.
- Added information about reforms to the CFP being agreed in 2013.
- Changes to Managing fish stock supporting page.
- Changed to reflect CFP agreement.
- Fixed links throughout policy
- First published.