RWM is engaging in discussions to help build understanding of geological disposal and the process to identify a site for a UK geological disposal facility.
We have produced a short guide to geological disposal which answers questions often asked by stakeholders and the public
Who we are
We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA), which is an Executive Non-Departmental Public Body of the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
Our objectives are to:
- engage with national and local governments and communities to identify a site for a geological disposal facility site
- develop the specification, design and environmental and sustainability assessments for the disposal system and to obtain support from the regulators
- work with waste producers to identify and deliver solutions to optimise the management of higher activity waste
- develop and maintain an effective organisation and secure resources to deliver geological disposal
- obtain and maintain stakeholder support for our activities
- deliver a focused programme to support geological disposal and optimised packaging solutions
- deliver sustainable, innovative and cost effective solutions that have public support and are in the best interest of the UK
Our Corporate Strategy sets out our vision, mission and values, and the factors on which we based our strategic approach.
We have also published our Siting and Engagement Strategy.
If you have an issue that you would like to raise that relates to implementing geological disposal. See our issues register
While RWM corporate reports are available on this website, some technical publications and commissioned research prepared by third parties are available from our document library.
All content from our previous website, published prior to joining GOV.UK, is available in The National Archive.
To contact us about any aspects of our work, email us at email@example.com