Construction Industry Scheme: general enquiries

Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what this means


Webchat is unavailable at the moment because of technical problems.


  • Telephone: 0300 200 3210
  • Textphone: 0300 200 3219
  • Outside UK: +44 161 930 8706

Phone HM Revenue and Customs if you have a general query about the Construction Industry Scheme.

Find out about call charges

Opening times:

8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
8am to 4pm Saturday

Closed Sundays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day

If you are phoning to register as a subcontractor you’ll need your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) when you call. If you don’t have a UTR register for Self Assessment to get one.

If you’re a company secretary you can register a company as a subcontractor under the Construction Industry Scheme using form CIS305.


Write to HM Revenue and Customs for general enquiries about the Construction Industry Scheme or to appeal against a Construction Industry Scheme penalty.

You don’t need to include a street name, city name or PO box when writing to this address.

National Insurance Contributions and Employers Office
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom

Help us improve GOV.UK

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.