The main decision-making body at HM Courts and Tribunals Service.
The HMCTS framework document outlines the agreement made by the Lord Chancellor, Lord Chief Justice and Senior President of Tribunals on their partnership in relation to its governance, finance and operation.
Our work is overseen by our board, which is headed by an independent chair working with executive, non-executive and judicial members.
The board ensures that the agency delivers the aims and objectives set by the Lord Chancellor, the Lord Chief Justice and the Senior President of Tribunals.
The board is chaired by Robert Ayling.
- Susan Acland-Hood, Chief Executive
- Kevin Sadler, Deputy Chief Executive
- Lynne Hamilton, Finance Director
- Guy Tompkins, Operations Director
- Victoria Cochrane (Chair of audit and risk assurance committee)
- Rachel Osborne
- Ian Playford
- Sir Ernest Ryder, Senior President of Tribunals
- Lord Justice Fulford, Senior Presiding Judge
- Tim Jenkins, District Judge
Ministry of Justice representative member:
- Liz Doherty