The main decision-making body at HM Courts and Tribunals Service.
The HMCTS framework document outlines the agreement made by the Lord Chancellor, Lord Chief Justice and Senior President of Tribunals on their partnership in relation to its governance, finance and operation.
Our work is overseen by our board, which is headed by an independent chair working with non-executive, executive and judicial members.
The board ensures that the agency delivers the aims and objectives set by the Lord Chancellor, the Lord Chief Justice and the Senior President of Tribunals.
The board is chaired by Robert Ayling.
- Francis Dobbyn (Chair of HMCTS audit and risk assurance committee)
- Rachel Osborne
- Ian Playford
- Natalie Ceeney, Chief Executive
- Steve Gillespie, Director of Finance and Governance
- Guy Tompkins, Director of Crime
- Kevin Sadler, Director of Civil, Family and Tribunals
- Lord Justice Sullivan, Senior President of Tribunals
- Lord Justice Gross, Senior Presiding Judge
- Michael Walker, District Judge