Information about the categories of information contained in the publication scheme.
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, every public body in the UK must produce a publication scheme. The scheme makes it easy for you to access information about our activities.
Categories of information in the publication scheme
Who we are and what we do
Organisations we are responsible for
We are responsible for the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, a non-departmental public body that awards scholarships and fellowships to Commonwealth citizens who wish to study in the UK.
Organisations we work in partnership with
We work with a wide range of organisations, both in the UK and internationally.
Organisations we sponsor
We support organisations through our funding opportunities.
We work towards achieving the Global Goals.
- International Development Act 2002 – sets out the legislative basis for our work
- International Development (Reporting and Transparency) Act 2006 – sets out the standards for reporting our progress against the Millennium Development Goals
What we spend and how we spend it
- Statistics on international development
- Annual report and accounts – primary financial statements recording the full costs of our activities, assets and liabilities, and how we’ve used resources to meet our objectives
- Development Tracker – financial information about our individual projects
- Ministerial gifts, hospitality, travel and meetings with external organisations
- International Development Funding tool – details of funding schemes
Our priorities and how we are doing
- Single Departmental plan – sets out our vision and priorities
- Evaluation reports - evaluating the impact and lessons of our aid programmes.
How we make decisions
Visit Our governance for information about the committees that advise on and monitor the decisions DFID’s ministerial team makes.
We recognise that when developing policies, consulting with a wide range of interested groups helps us make sure we’ve taken into account the impact of the proposals on different sectors of society.
Our policies and procedures
- The Smart Rules provide the operating framework for the Department for International Development’s (DFID’s) programmes
- Rules and tools for staff – guidance on rules, procedures and policies for all staff
- Policies and procedures for recruiting staff – information on how we recruit staff
- Personal data policy – information on how we will handle your personal data and how you can access it
- Public enquiries – the Public Enquiry Point can answer many of your questions or put you in touch with other officials who can help
- Complaints procedure – if you are dissatisfied with any part of the service DFID offers, you can lodge a complaint
Services we offer
- E-bulletin – our regular email update on the most important news from the international development world
- Leaflets, booklets, newsletters and other publications – detail all aspects of our work
- Your campaigns – responses to campaigns coordinated by civil society groups
- News – press releases and speeches by DFID ministers and officials
Lists and registers
- Capital assets – information on our buildings and other fixed assets, including their value
- Freedom of Information (FOI) disclosure log – information released in response to past FOI requests
- Public data – datasets we publish