Statistics at DFID
Information about National Statistics releases produced by the Department for International Development.
We publish UK aid spend in Statistics on International Development (SID). Provisional spend is published in the spring and final spend in the autumn. The SID series are designated as National Statistics publications.
Statistics on International Development reports on UK aid spend for the previous calendar year. The most recent publication relates to 2018. Previous editions can be found on our Statistics on International Development collection page.
We also publish UK Gross Public Expenditure tables as part of the Statistics on International Development publication. These can be found on our Statistics on International Development: UK Gross Public Expenditure (GPEX) collection page.
You can provide feedback on DFID’s National Statistics via the International Development Statistics User group.
7 April 2020: Statistics on International Development: Provisional UK Aid Spend 2019
UK Imputed Multilateral Share for 2018 have been published today. See table A9 and table A10
Upcoming statistical releases
The release timetable
DFID makes every effort to release its national statistics as soon as possible and in an orderly manner in line with the Code of Practice for Statistics. We publish official statistics on provisional and final UK aid spending normally in spring and autumn in Statistics on International Development. We also release figures for Gross Public Expenditure on International Development after SID.
The timing of these releases is largely determined by the timetable for reporting UK ODA figures to the OECD, when the Office for National Statistics make the latest GNI estimates available, and the timing for processing and quality assuring the spending data from DFID, Other Government Departments and other ODA contributors.
Previous statistical releases
- 7 April 2020: Statistics on International Development: Provisional UK Aid Spend 2019
- 19 September 2019: Statistics on International Development: Final UK Aid spend 2018
- 4 April 2019: Statistics on International Development: Provisional UK Aid Spend 2018
- 29 November 2018: Statistics on International Development: Final UK Aid spend 2017
- 5 April 2018: Statistics on International Development: Provisional UK Aid spend 2017
- 16 November 2017: Statistics on International Development 2017
- 5 April 2017: Provisional UK ODA as a proportion of Gross National Income (GNI) 2016
- 17 November 2016: Statistics on International Development 2016
Data, Methods and Quality
Developments, improvements and user engagement
DFID conducted a short quality review of its National Statistics in 2013. The details of the review are contained in Short quality review of DFID’s National Statistics and an update of actions from the review are contained in December 2015: Review of DFID’s National Statistics in 2013 and actions undertaken.
DFID engages with users of our National Statistics on an ongoing basis to explore issues of interest to specialist users and gain valuable feedback used to improve our National Statistics publications. We engage through public consultations on the statistics and we also have a statistics user group for receiving your ideas, feedback and comments. You can contribute to the user group here.
- February 2015: The consultation on the reporting of Official Development Assistance from Development Finance Institutions closed on 5 February 2015. DFID’s consultation response is available on the GOV.UK Consultations page
- September 2014: DFID User Consultation Response 2014
- June 2014: Seminar at Royal Statistical Society on ‘Understanding aid statistics’ – Presentation, and Meeting notes
- January 2013: DFID User consultation findings 2012
You can find statistics published since May 2009 on GOV.UK. Our archived statistics are available from the National Archives