Crime news: ordering paper CRM14, CRM15 and CRM15C ends 1 May
You will no longer be able to order paper versions of the CRM14, CRM15 and CRM15C from 1 May 2016.
The last day for ordering paper versions of the above forms is Friday 29 April at 5pm.
These are the order limits which will apply until the service ends from our supplier DST Output:
- CRM14: 50
- CRM15: 25
Paper applications will continue to be accepted and the forms are available to download and print from the Gov.uk website – see below.
Why are we making this change?
We have a high uptake of providers using eForms and 92% of means tested applications are now submitted in this way.
As part of wider cost saving initiatives we are giving notice that paper versions of CRM forms will no longer be provided from 1 May 2016.
Switch to eForms
Alternatively, you can use the CRM14 eForm in place of the paper forms CRM14 and CRM15 to apply for criminal legal aid online.
Providers using the eForm have found a number of immediate benefits. These include:
- date stamping of applications on completion of minimal information
- direct access to Department for Work and Pensions link to confirm benefits status of clients before submission
- reduction in number of rejected applications – you only need to provide information that is necessary based on individual case type/client
- combines information in the CRM14 and CRM15 in one form
- CRM14 eForm uses technology providers are already familiar with – as with CRM4s, 5s and 7s)
- less paperwork to keep on file
- immediate communication relating to queries and overall outcome
Full guidance on accessing and using the eForm portal including online training videos to help CRM14 eForm users can be found on the GOV.UK website – see below.
Published: 17 March 2016
From: Legal Aid Agency