The Paymaster General and Minister for the Cabinet Office has oversight of all Cabinet Office policies other than cross-government work on Brexit. He is Chair of the Cabinet Office Board and attends Cabinet, he is responsible for:
· Supporting the Prime Minister on implementation and delivery of non-Brexit Government policy
· Oversight of constitutional affairs and efforts to maintain the integrity of the union and defend democracy
· Oversight of work on cross-government efficiency, transformation and resilience
· Oversight of cross-government work on veterans issues
· Oversight of the Cabinet Office Equalities Hub
Current role holder: The Rt Hon Oliver Dowden CBE MP
Oliver Dowden CBE MP was appointed Paymaster General, and Minister for the Cabinet Office on 24 July 2019.
Oliver was Parliamentary Secretary at the Cabinet Office from 9 January 2018 to 24 July 2019. He was elected as the MP for Hertsmere in May 2015.