Civil Service management code
The 'Civil Service management code' outlines civil servants' terms and conditions of service for government departments and agencies.
MS Word Document, 150KB
MS Word Document, 47KB
The management code sets out regulations and instructions related to civil servants’ terms and conditions of service. It covers:
- recruitment and probation
- equal opportunities
- health and safety
- conduct and discipline
- management and development
- pay and allowances
- hours, holidays and attendance
- staff redeployment
- leaving the Civil Service
- appeals and legal representation at public expense
Published: 1 July 2013
Updated: 9 November 2016
- Updated November 2016 guidance
- Section 9.3 updated with new guidance added about shared parental leave.
- Updated statement of changes letter published
- Section 4.2.4 - Standards of conduct to be reflected in local staff regulations - updated
- Updated terms and conditions published, along with document listing the changes made.
- First published.