Michael Ellis was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport on 9 January 2018.
He was Deputy Leader of the House of Commons from 17 July 2016 to 8 January 2018.
He was elected Conservative MP for Northampton North in May 2010.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Arts, Heritage and Tourism
- The Arts
- Digital Culture
- Cultural property
- Public libraries
Previous roles in government
- 2016 to 2017
- 2016 to 2018
- Annual Report to Parliament on public libraries activities from January 2017 to March 2018
- Michael Ellis welcomes Visit Britain's annual report
- The economic value of culture: a benefit transfer study
- Museums Action Plan 2018
- Public Lending Right (PLR) Rate Per Loan Consultation for payments in relation to the 2017/18 public lending right scheme year
- Rare 16th century painting of Spanish Armada at risk of export
- Government announces additional funding towards Mayflower 400 commemorations
- Michael Ellis speech at the Art Business Conference
- Michael Ellis speech to the Edinburgh International Culture Summit
- Call for tourism industry to do more to cater for disabled people