Michael Ellis was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport on 9 January 2018.
He was Deputy Leader of the House of Commons from 17 July 2016 to 8 January 2018.
He was elected Conservative MP for Northampton North in May 2010.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Arts, Heritage and Tourism
- The Arts
- Digital Culture
- Cultural property
- Public libraries
Previous roles in government
- 2016 to 2017
- 2016 to 2018
- Michael Ellis' Speech at Heritage Day 2018
- The Heritage Statement: One Year On
- Turner masterpiece at risk of export
- Michael Ellis' speech to the Historic Houses AGM
- ‘Unique’ 18th century watercolour painting at risk of export
- Letter from Minister for Arts, Heritage and Tourism, Michael Ellis, stating a "minded to" decision on public library provision in Darlington
- 'Exceptionally rare' 19th century marble sculpture‘ at risk of export
- Slate landscape of North West Wales UK's preferred World Heritage Site Nomination for 2019
- Annual Report to Parliament on public libraries activities from January 2017 to March 2018
- Michael Ellis welcomes Visit Britain's annual report