Veterans Welfare Service

The Veterans Welfare Service (VWS) is committed to enhancing the quality of life for veterans and beneficiaries of Veterans UK pensions and compensation schemes, and all their dependants.

It also provides support to enable the seamless transition from service to civilian life, assist bereaved families or respond to life events that present welfare needs. It achieves this by facilitating access to all appropriate services.

VWS caseworkers offer one to one professional help and guidance by telephone, or if needed, during a home visit.

Under Veterans UK, the VWS works in partnerships with the Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force, ex-service charities, statutory and non-statutory bodies, local community service providers and the Veterans Advisory and Pensions Committees to deliver a quality welfare service that promotes independence, maintains dignity and provides continuous support through life.


The VWS has 4 Veterans Welfare Centres, providing advice and support across the UK.

Centurion (London, SE and SW England)
Tel 02392 702232


Kidderminster (South and Central Wales, Midlands and East England)
Tel 01562 825527


Norcross VWC (NW England, Yorkshire and Humber, North Wales and IOM)
Tel 01253 333494


Glasgow (Scotland, NE England, NI and ROI)
Tel 0141 2242709


If you are supporting a veteran and need further advice, the VWS may be able to help. To locate your nearest centre, call our Veterans UK helpline on 0808 1914 2 18.

Veterans UK home page

Back to Veterans UK

Veterans welfare service protocols, including:

  • seriously injured leavers protocol

  • transitional welfare requirements protocol

  • notification of a seriously injured leaver (Welfare 11)

  • transitional welfare requirements referral (TWR1)

  • transitional welfare requirements referral (TWR2)

Useful links for the service community

Veterans World magazine