Detail of outcome
Responses to the government’s proposals for simplifying the State Pension.
This consultation ran from 4 April 2011 12:00am to
24 June 2011 11:45pm
Seeking views on the government’s proposals for simplifying the State Pension.
This consultation asked for views on the government’s proposals for simplifying the State Pension system. It included two options:
- to speed up the transition to a two-tier flat rate pension
- to create a single-tier flat rate pension above the Pension Credit standard minimum guarantee
We also wanted to consult on the most appropriate mechanism for determining future changes to State Pension age.
Who this consultation was aimed at
We wanted to hear from everyone who was interested in the simplification of the State Pension. We particularly welcomed contributions from:
- representative organisations and business
- employers with Defined Benefit pension schemes
- pension administrators and trustees
- members of the public