The Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) is designed to help businesses with high energy use, such as energy intensive industries, to cut their energy bills and carbon emissions through investing in energy efficiency and low-carbon technologies.
The UK government announced £315 million of funding in the 2018 Budget, available up until 2024.
BEIS manages the IETF for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, with £289 million to invest over consecutive application windows split into 2 phases:
- Phase 1 supports the deployment of energy efficiency projects as well as energy efficiency and decarbonisation studies
Phase 1: Spring 2021 opens to applications on 8 March 2021 and runs to 14 July 2021
- the Phase 1: Summer 2020 competition has closed and 39 applications have been approved for funding, subject to due diligence checks
- Phase 2 (launching 2021) will expand the scope of the Fund to include deployment of decarbonisation technologies
BEIS will review key aspects of the Fund design and delivery ahead of future windows to respond to feedback and to ensure the success of the programme. The guidance may change so please visit the relevant page for the current competition.
For more about the application process
If you need more information about the application process, please contact Innovate UK:
- by phone - call the competition helpline on 0300 321 4357 between 9:00-11:30am and 2:00-4:30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)
To provide feedback
Contact the BEIS IETF team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to:
- provide feedback on the design of the IETF
- provide information about potential decarbonisation and energy efficiency projects
Funding in Scotland
If your site is based in Scotland, you can apply for the Scottish Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (SIETF). You can contact them at IETF@gov.scot.
The SIETF has a budget of £34 million over 5 years, £26 million of which is funded by the IETF.