Deductions from benefit: guidance for creditors

Guidance for creditors – for example, utility suppliers and landlords – on how the deductions from benefit scheme works.

If you get benefit payments and need help to pay your bills (including rent, services charges, fuel or water bills) read Help paying bills using your benefits.

Guidance for creditors

Universal Credit cases

Rent arrears

For rent arrears in Universal Credit cases, use the landlord request form on the Universal Credit and rented housing page.

Other arrears

Published 1 September 2009