Countryside Stewardship: facilitation funding
Get paid to support land managers to improve the natural environment, check eligibility, selection criteria and how to apply.
The assessment process for the facilitation fund floods round has concluded and 12 new facilitation fund groups have been offered funding to progress their plans for natural flood management.
The floods round (covering Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Northumberland, County Durham and Yorkshire):
- closed for applications on 15 February 2017
- focused on bringing farmers and land managers together to provide catchment-scale solutions in flood-hit communities - see the Guide to Countryside Stewardship: facilitation fund for details
Countryside Stewardship is funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development: Europe investing in rural areas.
See the main Countryside Stewardship page for more information.
How the scheme works
Published: 17 March 2015
Updated: 3 April 2017
- Details of successful applications in 2017 northern floods round.
- Facilitation fund floods round now open.
- Added details of successful applications in round 2.
- New forms added for second application window starting 18 January 2016.
- Opening date for 2nd round of facilitation fund announced.
- First published.