- Committee on Mutagenicity of Chemicals in Food, Consumer Products and the Environment
- 1 December 2012
- Last updated:
- 16 February 2016, see all updates
Guidance and recommendations from the Committee on Mutagenicity of Chemicals in Food, Consumer Products and the Environment (COM).
The Committee on Mutagenicity of Chemicals in Food, Consumer Products and the Environment (COM) has a general remit to advise on important general principles or new scientific discoveries in connection with:
- mutagenic and genotoxic hazards (the inherent property of the substance)
- risk (the likelihood of mutagenic or genotoxic effects occurring after exposure)
These statements and guidance documents present COM’s conclusions on these topics.
Older publications can be found on the National Archives website.
Annual reports from 2012 and earlier are available from the Committee on Toxicity (COT) website.
Published: 1 December 2012
Updated: 16 February 2016
- Added statement on the use of mutation spectra in genetic toxicology.
- Added statement on mutagenicity of alcohol and its metabolite acetaldehyde.
- First published.