Paper Premium service
You’ll usually get your new passport 4 hours after your appointment, but you might get it the next day if your appointment is in the afternoon. You’ll be told when you’ll get your passport when you choose your appointment time.
It costs £177 (or £187 for a 50 page passport).
You can only use Paper Premium to:
- renew a red adult passport that has expired or is about to expire
- change the name on your passport if you got married or entered into a civil partnership
What you need to do
Get a paper application form from a Post Office - you cannot apply online.
Book an appointment online and pay the fee.
Fill in your application form and gather your documents before your appointment.
If you cannot go to your appointment
You can change your appointment if your booking is more than 2 days away. Use the link in the confirmation email you got after paying and booking.
If you’re in the UK, you can ask someone else to go to your appointment for you. They’ll need to bring:
- your 2 identical passport photos
- your completed paper application form
- your supporting documents - read the booklet that comes with the paper form to find out what you need
If someone is collecting your passport
They need to bring:
- their ID (for example passport, driving licence, or utility bill that’s less than 3 months old)
- a signed and dated letter from you, naming them and giving them permission to collect the passport
- the application receipt (received when the cashier accepted the application)