Foreign travel advice



Due to the significant number of people seeking to transit Croatia there may be disruption or delays at border crossings. Information on road border crossings and international rail journeys can be found at the Croatian Automobile Association (HAK) website. There are no reports of air traffic being affected.

Coastal tourist areas and towns popular with British tourists aren’t affected. The situation is subject to constant change. You should monitor local and international media and check with your transport provider. You may also wish to check the information on the Croatian Interior Ministry (MUP) website

For more information about road closures during severe weather and flooding visit the Croatian Automobile Club (HAK) website.

Carry your passport with you at all times. You must be able to show some form of identification if required, including when checking into hotels. See Local laws and customs

Land mines are still a danger in some isolated areas. See Local travel

Around 400,000 British nationals visit Croatia every year. Most visits are trouble-free.

There is an underlying threat from terrorism. See Terrorism

The Overseas Business Risk service offers information and advice for British companies operating overseas on how to manage political, economic, and business security-related risks.

You should apply for a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) before you travel. If you already have an EHIC, make sure it hasn’t expired. See Health

You should also take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance before you travel.