Claim asylum in the UK
Apply for asylum to stay in the UK as a refugee - eligibility, documents you need, how to apply, screening, asylum interview, help you can get, children
Application to extend stay in the UK: FLR(HRO)
Form to extend your stay in the UK for human rights claims, leave outside the rules and other routes not covered by other forms.
Settle in the UK as a refugee: form SET (P)
Form to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK as a refugee, or for humanitarian protection, and get a biometric residence permit.
Apply to stay in the UK as a stateless person
Apply to stay in the UK as a stateless person – who can apply, how to include family, documents you need, how to apply and extend
Extend stay or settle in the UK as a person who was refused asylum: form FLR(DL)
Form to apply for an extension of stay or indefinite leave to remain in the UK if you were refused asylum but given another type of permission to stay in the UK.
Guidance and regulation
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Production and use of Country of Origin Information
- Inspection report on country of origin information, July 2017
- Inspection report on country of origin information, November 2016
- Inspection report on potential victims of modern slavery, February 2017
- India: country information and guidance IAGCI review
Policy and engagement
- Response to an inspection report on the Home Office’s production and use of country of origin information
- Asylum claims in detention: policy equality statement
- Home Office response to the report 'An inspection of Border Force’s identification and treatment of potential victims of modern slavery, July to October 2016'
- Home Office response to the APPG report on asylum claims in the UK on religious freedom grounds, September 2016
- Home Office response to the report on an inspection of country of origin information, May 2016