What you'll get
You can get the disability premium on its own. You might get the severe or enhanced disability premium as well if you’re eligible for them.
If you get income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) you cannot get the disability premium, but you may still qualify for the severe and enhanced premiums.
- £33.55 a week for a single person
- £47.80 a week for a couple
Severe disability premium
- £64.30 a week for a single person
- £128.60 a week for a couple if you’re both eligible
Some couples will be eligible for the lower amount of £64.30 a week instead.
Enhanced disability premium
- £16.40 a week for a single person
- £23.55 a week for a couple if at least one of you is eligible
How you’re paid
All benefits, pensions and allowances are paid into an account such as your bank account.
There is a limit on the total amount of benefit that most people aged 16 to 64 can get. This is called a benefit cap.