How much will be paid
£7.90 per metre (m).
Where to use this supplement
Available for Higher Tier.
Only on walls being rebuilt using the BN12 - Stone wall restoration.
The walls must be one of the following:
- on a slope with an incline of more than 30 degrees
- greater than 1.6m in height
- in an inaccessible or remote location, such as a considerable distance from a track or situated on boggy ground
How this supplement will benefit the environment
If successful there will be a rebuilt stone wall which will help to control livestock and conserve traditional landscapes.
- restore the wall as specified by the BN12 - Stone wall restoration
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- any consents or permissions connected with the work
- receipted invoices, or bank statements where a receipted invoice is unavailable
- please see the record keeping and inspection requirements as set out in the Higher Tier manual for more detail
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them with the claim:
- photographs of the completed work
Applicants may have to send the following with their application:
- photographs of each length of wall to be restored
The detailed requirements for this item will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Higher Tier applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser.
This supplement can be used on the same length as the following items and supplements:
- BN12 - Stone wall restoration
- BN13 - Stone wall supplement - top wiring
- BN14 - Stone wall supplement - stone from quarry
See the Higher Tier manual to find out more about the scheme and how to apply.