- Natural England
- 2 April 2015
- Last updated:
- 18 September 2017, see all updates
- Grant type:
- Capital item
- Land use:
- Grassland, Livestock management, Priority habitats, Uplands, and Woodland
- Tiers or standalone items:
- Higher Tier and Standalone capital items
- Funding (per unit per year):
- Up to £100
Find out about eligibility and requirements for the fencing supplement - difficult sites supplement.
How much will be paid
£1.24 per metre (m).
Where to use this supplement
Available for Higher Tier and woodland creation grant.
- FG1 - Fencing
- FG2 - Sheep netting
- FG3 - Permanent electric fencing
- FG7 - Anti-predator combination fencing
- FG8 - Anti-predator temporary electric fencing
- FG9 - Deer fencing
How this supplement will benefit the environment
If successful this supplement will help control livestock, protect environmental features and help to manage habitats on difficult sites.
Agreement holders are likely to need to:
- complete the associated fencing to the relevant standard
- agree a specification for the works with Natural England
- complete the works as set out in the approved specification
Agreement holders are likely to need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- any consents or permissions connected with the work
- receipted invoices, or bank statements where a receipted invoice is unavailable
- please see the record keeping and inspection requirements as set out in the Higher Tier manual for more detail
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them with the claim:
- photographs of the completed work
Applicants may have to send the following with their application:
- photographs of the existing site
The detailed requirements for this item will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Higher Tier applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser.
This supplement can be used on the same length as the following supplements:
Advice and suggestions for how to carry out this supplement
The following section gives advice on carrying out this item successfully but does not form part of the requirements for this item.
Pick the right location
This use of this item is justified where the site being fenced:
- is remote
- cannot be accessed by vehicles
- is on steep slopes
- is prone to flooding or waterlogged for large parts of the year
- is in need of a lot of ground preparation
Published: 2 April 2015
Updated: 18 September 2017
- Capital item now includes woodland.
- Information updated for applications in 2016.
- First published.