Date of referral: 14.1.16
Statutory deadline: 29.6.16
CMA approves sale of C21 Data Services Limited
13 December 2016: On 8 December 2016, the CMA approved the sale by Iron Mountain Incorporated of the entire share capital of C21 Data Services Limited to Offsite Archive Storage & Integrated Services (IRELAND) Ltd.
Remedy group appointed
9 September 2016: The remedy group has been appointed following the CMA’s acceptance of final undertakings from Iron Mountain.
7 September 2016: The CMA has accepted final undertakings from Iron Mountain to remedy the substantial lessening of competition identified in the final report.
- News story: CMA accepts records management merger undertakings (7.9.16)
Notice of proposal to accept final undertakings
10 August 2016: The CMA gives notice of the proposal to accept final undertakings and is inviting comments by 25 August 2016.
- News story: CMA consults on records management merger undertakings (10.8.16)
- Press release: Scottish sales required after records management merger (16.6.16)
Responses to provisional findings
Responses to notice of possible remedies
4 May 2016: The CMA has provisionally found that Iron Mountain’s anticipated acquisition of Recall could lead to a substantial lessening of competition.
- Press release: Records management merger may require sales (4.5.16)
The publication of the evidence of any party on the CMA’s webpages does not indicate in any way endorsement by the CMA of the views expressed in the evidence or acceptance of that evidence. Publication in this way is designed to assist public understanding of the issues.
As part of its evidence-gathering process, the CMA is holding hearings with a range of industry customers and interested parties.
The CMA’s merger inquiry is independent and welcomes submissions from all interested parties.
3 February 2016: The issues statement sets out the scope of the investigation. It outlines initial theories on what might be adversely affecting competition, but it does not set out findings or conclusions.
- Press release: CMA publishes issues statement in Iron Mountain/Recall merger (3.2.16)
Inquiry group appointed
Terms of reference
14 January 2016: The CMA has referred the anticipated acquisition by Iron Mountain Incorporated of Recall Holdings Limited.
|Phase 1 date||Action|
|5 February 2016||Decision published|
|30 December 2015||Decision announced|
|2 November to 13 November 2015||Invitation to comment|
|2 November 2015||Launch of merger inquiry|
- News story: Records and information management services merger referred (14.1.16)
Reference unless undertakings accepted
- Press release: Records and information management merger faces in-depth investigation (30.12.15)
Launch of merger inquiry
2 November 2015: The CMA announced the launch of its merger inquiry by notice to the parties.