You can get help with setting up or growing your business. This includes:
- understanding the rules for your type of business
- claiming tax reliefs or allowances you’re entitled to
- finding grants, loans and other types of funding
- making it a success (eg marketing and promotion or developing your business skills)
Help and advice
You can get support from:
- government-backed advice services and finance schemes
- the government’s business helpline
- local ‘growth hubs’ in England (other support is available in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland)
- Jobcentre Plus
You can also get help with writing a business plan.
Hiring a professional
You can also book a free legal consultation with a solicitor.