4. How to claim

Download and fill in claim form SF500. You can also get one from your local Jobcentre Plus.

Send or take the form to your local Jobcentre Plus.

Contact Jobcentre Plus if you have any questions about your claim.

Jobcentre Plus
Telephone: 0345 603 6967
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Find out about call charges

If you’re unhappy with a decision

You can ask for a Budgeting Loan decision to be reviewed if you’re not happy with it. To do this, you must write to Jobcentre Plus within 28 days of the decision, explaining why you think it was wrong.

If you still think the decision was wrong after the review, you can ask for a further review by the office of the Independent Case Examiner. This review should take no longer than 21 working days.