Check if you're eligible
To get a Budgeting Loan you must have been getting one or more of these benefits for the past 6 months:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit
If you moved from Universal Credit to Pension Credit, any time spent claiming Universal Credit will count towards the 6 months.
You cannot get a Budgeting Loan if:
- you are currently claiming Universal Credit - apply for a Budgeting Advance instead
- you’re involved in industrial action (for example, a strike, walkout or lockout)
- you owe more than £1,500 in total for Crisis Loans and Budgeting Loans
If you live in Northern Ireland, go to Budgeting Loans in Northern Ireland.