Check if you're eligible
To get a Budgeting Loan you must have been getting one or more of these benefits for the past 6 months:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Universal Credit - only if you’re claiming Pension Credit when you apply for a Budgeting Loan
You can’t get a Budgeting Loan if:
- you’re involved in industrial action (for example, a strike, walkout or lockout)
- you owe more than £1,500 in total for Crisis Loans and Budgeting Loans
If you live in Northern Ireland, go to Budgeting Loans in Northern Ireland.
If you get Universal Credit
You can’t get a Budgeting Loan if you get Universal Credit. Apply for a Budgeting Advance instead.