1. How they work
A Budgeting Loan can help pay for:
- furniture or household items (for example, washing machines or other ‘white goods’)
- clothes or footwear
- rent in advance
- costs linked to moving house
- maintenance, improvements or security for your home
- travelling costs within the UK
- costs linked to getting a new job
- maternity costs
- funeral costs
- repaying hire purchase loans
- repaying loans taken for the above items
You’re only eligible for a Budgeting Loan if you’ve been on certain benefits for 6 months.
This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).