3. How to make a repayment

You’ll be asked to make payments to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) Debt Management team if you no longer receive the benefit. You can contact them to arrange a payment plan.

Online banking

Use DWP’s bank account details to pay, quoting the reference number shown on your letter.

Account name Sort code Account number
DWP Debt Management 403418 51826107

Overseas accounts

Use the following details if you’re paying from an overseas account.

Account name IBAN BIC
DWP Debt Management GB21MIDL40341851826107 MIDLGB22

Direct Debit, cheques and cash

Contact Debt Management to:

  • set up monthly repayments by Direct Debit
  • request a paying-in slip for cheque or cash payments

DWP Debt Management contact centre
Telephone: 0345 850 0293
Textphone: 0345 604 6697
Calling from abroad: +44 (0)161 904 1233
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturday, 9am to 4pm
Find out about call charges

If you can’t pay back the money

DWP may pass your case to an independent debt collector if you haven’t paid back the money you owe.

You’ll get a letter from one of the following suppliers saying that it’s acting on behalf of DWP:

  • Advantis
  • Akinika
  • CCS Collect
  • Credit Solutions
  • DLC (Direct Legal and Collections)
  • drydensfairfax Solicitors
  • Fredricksons
  • Moorcroft
  • Shakespeare

You should deal directly with the debt collector to arrange repayment.