The British High Commission in Cyprus maintains and develops relations between the UK and Cyprus. We work closely with the Cyprus government on a wide range of issues, including political, commercial, security and economic questions of interest to the UK and Cyprus.

The High Commission is currently closed to visitors due to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Cyprus, however we are available 24/7. Access to the Consular Section is by appointment only. If you are in need of urgent assistance, please stay on the line and select the option for ‘calling about an emergency involving a British National’ to speak to an officer.

Find out more on our UK and Cyprus news page.

We provide services to British nationals living in and visiting Cyprus. You can access UK government services while in Cyprus.

Read the latest information on the rights and status of UK nationals living in Europe including our practical guide to Living in Cyprus guide.

Urgent assistance

If you’re travelling in Cyprus, see our Cyprus Travel Advice about coronavirus (COVID-19).

See also our coronavirus travel advice for all our latest guidance on travel during coronavirus.

If you’re in Cyprus and you need advice which is not covered by reading our travel advice then you can contact us online

If you’re in Cyprus and you need urgent help (for example, you’ve been attacked, arrested or someone has died), call +357 22 861100.

Get an emergency travel document

You can apply for an emergency travel document if you’re abroad and your passport has been lost or stolen, damaged or expired, and you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

Apply online for an emergency travel document

If the person needing the emergency travel document is under 16, a parent or guardian should apply on their behalf.

If you are travelling in more than 3 weeks, check if you can get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

If you are not a British citizen or have not had a British passport before

If you’re not sure, check if you’re a British citizen

If you’re not a British citizen but think you may be eligible, contact us to apply for an emergency travel document.

Other consular services

Notarial and documentary services

We offer limited notarial and documentary services. See the full list of services we provide.

Register a civil partnership

You may be able to register a civil partnership at the British High Commission in Cyprus – this service can only be offered at our Alexander Pallis street office (south). Contact us to make an appointment for a civil partnership.

Consular fees

We charge fees for some of our services. See the full list of consular fees in Cyprus.

Our people

Stephen Lillie CMG

British High Commissioner to Cyprus

Contact us

British High Commission Nicosia

Alexander Pallis Street
PO Box 21978


Use our contact form for consular enquiries, including on your rights after the UK’s exit from the EU:

Access and opening times