The British High Commission in Mozambique maintains and develops relations between the UK and Mozambique.

Find out more on our UK and Mozambique news page. We provide services to British nationals living in and visiting Mozambique. You can access UK government services while in Mozambique

Urgent assistance

If you’re travelling in Mozambique, see how to Return to the UK during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. If you cannot return at this time, see how to stay safely in Mozambique during coronavirus.

See also our coronavirus travel advice for all our latest guidance on travel during coronavirus.

If you’re in Mozambique and you need advice which is not covered by reading our travel advice then you can contact us online.

If you’re in Mozambique and you need urgent help (for example, you’ve been attacked, arrested or someone has died), call +258 21 35 60 00.

Get an emergency travel document

You can apply for an emergency travel document if you’re abroad and your passport has been lost or stolen, damaged or expired, and you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

Apply online for an emergency travel document

If the person needing the emergency travel document is under 16, a parent or guardian should apply on their behalf.

If you are travelling in more than 3 weeks, check if you can get anew or replacement passport in time to travel.

If you are not a British national or have not had a British passport before

If you’re not sure, check if you’re a British citizen

If you’re not a British citizen but think you may be elegible, contact us to apply for an emergency travel document

Other consular services

Convert a civil partnership into a marriage

We can convert an existing civil partnership into marriage.

You must have been living in Mozambique for 28 days.

You don’t have to convert your civil partnership into a marriage in the country you formed it in.

What to bring with you:

  • your original passport and your partner’s original passport
  • original civil partnership certificate
  • proof of residence, such as your driving licences, employer’s letters, or bank statements/utility bills

You must pay fees - see the list of fees.

See convert a civil partnership into a marriage for full details.

Book an appointment to convert a civil partnership to marriage at British High Commission Maputo.

Consular fees

We charge fees for some of our services. See the full list of consular fees in Mozambique.

Our people

Ms NneNne Iwuji-Eme

British High Commissioner to Mozambique

Contact us

British High Commission Maputo

Avenida Vladmir Lenine, 310
Maputo City
P.O. Box 55

Consular section's normal working days/hours are Monday to Friday, from 8:30 to 12:00.
For enquiries please call +258 21 35 60 00, option 2 - if you need to speak to a consular officer.

Use our contact form for consular enquiries:

Access and opening times