Living in Spain

Includes how to access healthcare, get a document legalised, lists of lawyers and how to vote abroad.

  1. Apply for a European Health Insurance Card

    Apply for or renew your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) online.

  2. Get your document legalised

    Use the online service to get a UK document legalised

  3. Healthcare in Spain

    Healthcare advice for British nationals planning to live or living in Spain.

  4. How to buy property in Spain

    Laws and taxes for British nationals who want to buy or let property in Spain.

  5. Legal aid in Spain

    Guidance on how to obtain legal aid while in Spain.

  6. Living in Spain

    What UK and Spanish benefits are available to Britons living in Spain and information on driving regulations in Spain.

  7. Spain - list of medical facilities/practitioners

    List of English-speaking medical facilities/practitioners in Spain

  8. Spain travel advice

    Latest travel advice for Spain including safety and security, entry requirements, travel warnings and health

  9. Spain – List of Lawyers

    List of English speaking lawyers

  10. Spain: Information for victims of rape and sexual assault

    Information for British nationals affected by rape or sexual assault in Spain.

  11. Support for British nationals abroad: A guide

    This guide highlights some of the main ways you can help yourself stay safe abroad and what help the FCO can provide.

  12. Useful information - Living in Spain

    This information sheet provides useful links to British Nationals living in Spain

  13. Voting when you’re abroad

    How to vote if you're going to be abroad temporarily on election day, and what to do if you're moving overseas long term