Register your S1 form in Spain online
How to register your S1 form in Spain using the Instituto Nacional de la Seguridad Social (INSS) online portal.
If you cannot visit an INSS office in person, you can register your S1 form online instead.
Some parts of the process are either in Spanish or need to be completed in Spanish.
Before you start
You’ll need digital copies of the following documents:
- your S1 form
- a completed healthcare application form – available to download on the INSS S1 registration webpage (in Spanish)
- your passport
- your green A4 or credit-card-sized residency certificate (‘residencia’) or new TIE card (Tarjeta de Identidad Extranjera)
- proof of how dependants are related to the S1 holder
If you’ve applied for your TIE card but not yet received it, you can include a copy of the confirmation that your application has been approved (resolución favorable) by the Spanish authorities.
You’ll also need:
- an email address
- a Spanish telephone number
- your NIE (número de identidad de extranjero)
Register your details
The INSS website has an online registration form.
The form is in Spanish.
Once you have completed and saved the healthcare application form, you will need to send this with the rest of the necessary documentation:
- click on ‘enviar solicitud’
- follow the instructions on your screen to confirm your identity (the process is in Spanish)
- provide any additional information that may be relevant to your application using the text box under ‘Datos de la solicitud’
Upload your files
Attach all the documents listed at the start of this guide.
Submit your form
To complete the process, you’ll need to verify your e-mail address again and submit your application.
Get an update on your application then select ‘Ya he presentado una solicitud y quiero conocer su estado y/o aportar mas documentacion’.
The INSS will contact you if they need further information or if you need to book an appointment to visit an INSS office.
Last updated 1 September 2021 + show all updates
Updated to show changes to the process of registering S1s in Spain online.
Added a call-out to reflect the guidance on registering the S1 form is out of date and is being updated.