Voluntary disclosure for health and wellbeing professionals

The Health and Wellbeing Tax Plan was a campaign that gave you an opportunity to tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about income you hadn’t declared and get the best possible terms by making a ‘voluntary disclosure’.

The deadline for making your disclosure and paying what you owe was 6 April 2014.

You must tell HMRC about undeclared income as soon as possible if you’ve missed the deadline. The penalty you pay will be lower than if HMRC comes to you first. Call the voluntary disclosure helpline:

Voluntary disclosure helpline
Telephone: 0300 123 1077
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6:30pm
Find out about call charges

Who can do this?

You can report undeclared income if you work in a health and wellbeing profession such as:

  • physical therapy - eg physiotherapist, chiropractor, chiropodist, osteopath, occupational therapist
  • alternative medicine or therapy - eg homeopathy, acupuncture, nutritional therapy, reflexology, nutrition
  • other therapy - eg psychology, speech therapy, arts therapy

More information

You can watch the video about HMRC campaigns.