Complaints and help
Contact the Pet Travel Scheme helpline if you need more information about pet travel.
You’ll need to have the following information to make a complaint:
- your name and contact details
- date your pet was checked by a vet
- date and time of travel
- name of the pet owner
- species of pet
- carrier and route
- ticket number or airway bill (AWB) for pets travelling by plane
- details of the complaint you want to make
- details of any contact with the Animal and Plant Health Agency you had before the time of your complaint
Pet Travel Section
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)
Centre for International Trade
Eden Bridge House
Report an illegally imported pet
Contact your local Trading Standards Office if you think that an animal has been imported illegally.
In London contact the City of London Animal Health and Welfare Team.
City of London Animal Health and Welfare Team
Telephone: 020 8745 7894
Find out about call charges
Step 1 Check if you can bring your pet
Step 2 Get your pet microchipped
Step 3 Get your pet vaccinated against rabies
You must wait for a set period of time after vaccination before you can travel.
Depending on the country you're travelling from, you might also need to get a blood test.
and Get tapeworm treatment
If you have a dog, you'll also need to get tapeworm treatment before you travel.
Step 4 Get a pet travel document