- Designing government services: an introduction
- Getting your service scope right
- Naming your service
- Making prototypes
- Designing how GOV.UK content and transactions work together
- Making your service look like GOV.UK
- Writing for user interfaces
- Services for government users
- Planning and writing text messages and emails
- Collecting personal information from users
Beta This is new guidance. Complete our quick 5-question survey to help us improve it.
Naming your service, prototypes, frontend tools and design patterns.
Designing government services
Introduction, scoping, naming and prototyping.
Working with frontend
GOV.UK template, frontend toolkit, elements.
Working with patterns
Using and adapting design patterns.
Solutions to common design problems.
- Alpha and beta phase banners
- Check before you start
- Check your answers pages
- Confirmation pages
- Email addresses
- Email confirmation loops
- Feedback pages
- Form structure
- Gender or sex
- Help text
- Knowledge-based authentication
- National Insurance numbers
- Progress indicators
- Question pages
- Start pages
- Task list pages (beta)
- User accounts