Guidance and regulation

2,052 results


Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra)

sorted by Most viewed
  • Visiting the UK after Brexit

    What you'll need to do to visit the UK after the UK leaves the EU, including whether you'll need to apply for a visa.

  • Noise nuisances: how councils deal with complaints

    How councils deal with complaints about noise at night, intruder alarms, construction noise and loudspeakers in the street.

  • Pet travel to Europe after Brexit

    How to prepare for travel with your pet to any EU country after EU Exit whether the UK leaves the EU with or without a deal.

  • Personal food, plant and animal product imports

    Guidance for individual travellers bringing food or other products with a plant or animal origin into the UK for personal use, or receiving such products by post.

  • RLE1 form and guidance

    Use the RLE1 form to make changes to your digital maps, register new land and transfer entitlements by sub-lease or inheritance.

  • Mid Tier: Countryside Stewardship

    Funding and eligibility information for Mid Tier applicants for 2019 applications.

  • Register your waste exemptions: environmental permits (England)

    How to register or renew a waste exemption, including agricultural waste, WEEE, bulk exemptions and linear networks.

  • Flood risk assessment for planning applications

    Find out when you need to do a flood risk assessment as part of your planning application, how to complete one and how it's processed.

  • Prevent Japanese knotweed from spreading

    How to identify, prevent spread and dispose of Japanese knotweed.

  • Online claims for Countryside Stewardship

    Make your claim for payment using the Rural Payments service.

  • Pet travel: approved air, sea and rail carriers and routes

    Check the transport companies and routes you can use to bring your pet cat, dog or ferret to England, Scotland or Wales.

  • Register land you use to keep livestock

    How to get a county parish holding (CPH) number, add land to your CPH or register your temporary use of land to keep livestock.

  • Animal welfare

    Advice and guidance on protecting animal welfare on farms, in transport, at markets and at slaughter.

  • Contact Defra

    Information to help you answer your query before you contact us.

  • Abandoned vehicles: local authority responsibilities

    How local councils and national park authorities should deal with the removal of abandoned vehicles from land in the open air and roads.

  • Statutory nuisances: how councils deal with complaints

    What counts as a statutory nuisance and how councils can deal with complaints by issuing an abatement notice.

  • The Countryside Code

    Responsibilities for visitors to the countryside and those who manage the land.

  • Fixed penalty notices: issuing and enforcement by councils

    How councils and other authorities issue fixed penalty notices (FPNs) for environmental offences, fine limits and how money can be spent.

  • Flood risk activities: environmental permits

    Check if you need to apply for an environmental permit, formerly known as a flood defence consent, and get the forms you need.

  • Food labelling: giving food information to consumers

    Find out the information you must give to customers on food products and how to give it.