Register land with the Rural Land Register

How to register land or change a registration

You can use the RLE1 form to:

  • register new land for the first time
  • make changes to land already on the Rural Land Register, for example if the boundaries change or if you sell the land to someone else

Fill in the form and post it to the Rural Payments Agency (RPA). You can either download the form below or ask the RPA to send you a pre-printed copy.

You’ll need to give your Single Business Identifier - you’ll get this when you complete the customer registration process for the first time.

You also need to enclose a map with a visible scale if you’re registering land for the first time, or if your boundaries have changed. Mark your land boundaries clearly with a fine-tipped pen.

Read the guidance on filling out form RLE1.

Contacting the RPA

Rural Payments Agency
Telephone: 0300 020 0301
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
Find out about call charges

Rural Payments Agency
PO Box 300
S95 1AA