You must use the Rural Land Register (RLR) to register agricultural land.

You can register any type of land or property with HM Land Registry.

You must register your land with both the RLR and HM Land Registry to claim from most land-based funding schemes, including:

Register with your local Rural Payments and Inspections Directorate (RPID) office if your land is in Scotland.

What to register

You only need to register land that you want to claim payments on. This includes land that:

  • you farm
  • qualifies for land-based payment schemes, for example because it has environmental value

What you’ll get

You’ll get a complete set of maps showing your registered land.