How the Passport to Export service from UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) can help you assess your company's readiness for international trade, and start exporting.
UKTI’s Passport to Export service is an export assessment and support programme for small and medium-sized enterprises (SME). It provides new or inexperienced exporters with training, planning and support to grow their business overseas.
The service can help your business to:
- get started in international trade
- assess your export capability and develop it further
- get help and support to select and visit potential markets
- save time and money
How the service works
Passport to Export is delivered by UKTI’s regional International Trade Teams. Exporters will be assigned local UKTI trade experts to work with. The service lasts 12 months and provides a flexible programme of support, including:
- a detailed assessment of your readiness to export
- an action plan for your export activity
- workshops on stages of exporting
- help with market research and visits to your target market
- event networking and tradeshow opportunities
- advice and guidance from International Trade Advisers
To qualify for Passport to Export your company needs to be an SME. For full details of eligibility contact your local international trade team
How to apply
Contact your International Trade Team to apply for the service or to find out more information. A member of the team will be in touch within 5 working days to discuss your needs and the service options which are best suited to you.
International Trade Advisor support is free. Clients may have to contribute to the cost of activities outlined in their action plan.
Find out how Passport to Export has helped companies increase their export capabilities: