The Department for International Trade's (DIT's) E-Exporting Programme helps UK companies export their products via e-commerce.
What is the E-Exporting Programme?
The E-Exporting Programme provides support for UK companies looking to sell their products to international consumers through global online marketplaces.
The programme provides support to companies of any size who are:
- new to exporting through e-commerce
- experienced and looking to expand into new markets
Services provided by the programme
Our E-Commerce Advisers provide one-to-one support, tailored to your specific challenges. They can help with everything from developing an e-commerce strategy and data-driven market research, to internationalising your website.
DIT has partnered with many global marketplaces to maximise opportunities for UK companies. 40% of international online transactions will take place on global marketplaces by 2020 and they are widely regarded as a major opportunity for businesses looking to expand into new markets (source: Statista).
The selling online overseas (SOO) tool
The SOO tool can help you:
- find marketplaces most relevant for your business
- learn how each marketplace works and what the seller requirements are
- benefit from special deals we have negotiated on your behalf (including free trial periods and reduced commission rates)
We can also help you:
- identify the industry partners needed to run your international e-commerce operations
- get market intelligence and introductions via our overseas DIT networks
- access ongoing learning opportunities and industry insights through webinars, podcasts and events (delivered with marketplace and industry partners)
Explore our selling online overseas tool
Explore and sign up for our e-commerce webinar series
Join DIT’s E-Exporting Programme
You can join the E-Exporting Programme by:
- making an appointment with an E-Commerce Adviser through your local DIT office
- applying through our selling online overseas tool
- contacting us on email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter @tradegovuk_ecom for the latest news and updates.
Read how we have helped UK companies to grow through e-commerce:
- Red Herring Games transforms business with international success through Amazon
- Bubblebum increases export sales by 15%
- York bag retailer goes global with e-commerce
- Chiswick retailer strikes deal with Amazon Australia
Find out more about DIT’s E-Exporting Programme by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DIT partners with SEED to help UK businesses sell to ASEAN’s consumers through e-commerce
- DIT partners with Asia’s top e-tailers to give British businesses free advertising
- DIT partners with retailer Newegg to promote British tech brands