The Department for International Trade's (DIT's) E-Exporting Programme helps UK companies export their products via e-commerce.
E-Exporting Programme support
The E-Exporting Programme provides support for UK companies looking to sell their products to international consumers through e-commerce.
The programme provides support to companies of any size which are:
- new to exporting through e-commerce
- experienced and looking to expand into new markets
Services provided by the programme
Our E-Commerce advisers provide one-to-one support, tailored to your specific challenges. They can help with everything from developing an e-commerce strategy and data-driven market research, to internationalising your website.
DIT has partnered with many global marketplaces to maximise opportunities for UK companies. Online marketplaces accounted for 58% of global e-commerce sales in 2019. These platforms represent a significant opportunity for entering new markets.
Selling online overseas (SOO) tool
The SOO tool can help you:
- find marketplaces most relevant for your business
- learn how each marketplace works and what the seller requirements are
- benefit from special deals we have negotiated on your behalf (including free trial periods and reduced commission rates)
We can also help you:
- identify the industry partners needed to run your international e-commerce operations
- get market intelligence and introductions via our overseas DIT networks
- access ongoing learning opportunities and industry insights through webinars, podcasts and events (delivered with marketplace and industry partners)
Explore our selling online overseas tool
Explore and sign up for our e-commerce webinar series
View our library of past webinars
Join DIT’s E-Exporting Programme
You can join the E-Exporting Programme by:
- making an appointment with an E-Commerce adviser through your local DIT office
- applying through our selling online overseas tool
- contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter @tradegovuk_ecom for the latest news and updates.
Examples of how we have helped UK companies to grow through e-commerce:
- Red Herring Games transforms business with international success through Amazon
- York bag retailer goes global with e-commerce
- Chiswick retailer strikes deal with Amazon Australia
Find out more about DIT’s E-Exporting Programme by contacting us at email@example.com.
Latest stories on DIT partnerships in e-commerce:
- DIT partners with Asia’s top e-tailers to give British businesses free advertising
- DIT partners with retailer Newegg to promote British tech brands
Additional guidance on e-commerce and selling overseas: