The Department for International Trade's (DIT's) E-Exporting Programme helps UK retailers and brands export their products overseas via e-commerce.
DIT’s E-Exporting Programme aims to help UK companies sell their products or services to millions of global consumers and grow their business through online exports.
UK retailers like Extreme Fliers, Burlingham London Watches, Faith in Nature and Urban Botanist are already taking advantage of the huge opportunities available through online exporting.
Contact email@example.com to find out more about DIT’s E-Exporting Programme.
Why sell online
Opportunities for online sales are huge and growing. By selling online UK companies can:
- find new customers in overseas markets
- do business 24/7
- build brand awareness
- access new markets in a low cost way
- monitor real time sales and use data to make informed business decisions
Why join DIT’s E-Exporting Programme
DIT’s E-Exporting Programme helps UK companies who are:
- new to selling online
- already selling online, but need help with specific issues
- experienced in online sales, but are looking to sell on multiple platforms globally
The programme enables you to:
- arrange a free meeting through your local DIT office to get expert international trade advice and support
- meet a DIT e-commerce adviser where relevant to help develop and implement an international e-commerce strategy
- set up on marketplaces and identify new marketplaces around the world to sell through with our ‘Selling online overseas’ tool
- access better than commercial rates to list on some marketplaces, including lower commission fees and ‘try for free’ periods
Follow us on Twitter @tradegovuk_ecom.
Selling through multiple channels
Managing e-commerce across multiple platforms can be challenging. Before considering taking a multiple platform approach you should determine which partner is likely to be most suitable by looking at your:
- current sales volume
- capacity for growth
Platform integration companies can link your product to global marketplaces using software enabling you to sell into multiple sales channels. A number of companies operate in this area.
Marketplace opportunities for UK retailers and brands
An online marketplace provides a platform for retailers of all sizes to do business through e-commerce.
DIT works with many of the world’s major marketplaces. Under certain circumstances, preferential rates for UK companies wanting to list on a platform have been negotiated. You can view which platforms have a discount in place for DIT clients by taking a look at our Selling online overseas tool.
How to join DIT’s E-Exporting Programme
Arrange a free meeting through your local local DIT office to get expert international trade advice and support
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an online marketplace? If you would like to work with DIT to on-board UK sellers and raise awareness for UK products overseas, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Watch videos which give guidance on e-commerce, exporting online and selling on specific marketplaces.
Find out how retailers have increased their export capabilities by selling online:
- Hello Baby’s rapid online growth
- York bag retailer goes global via e-commerce
- Online marketplaces propel FreestyleXtreme
- DIT partners with retailer Newegg to promote British tech brands
- Online exporting package launched to help British businesses ‘sell while they sleep’