The Department for International Trade's (DIT's) E-Exporting Programme helps UK retailers and brands export their products overseas via e-commerce.
DIT’s E-Exporting Programme provides e-commerce export related support to help UK companies grow their business by selling products or services to global online consumers.
UK retailers like Extreme Fliers, Burlingham London Watches, Faith in Nature and Urban Botanist are already taking advantage e-commerce opportunities.
Contact email@example.com to find out more about DIT’s E-Exporting Programme.
Why sell online
Opportunities for online sales are huge and growing. By selling online UK companies can:
- find new customers in overseas markets
- do business 24/7
- build brand awareness
- access new markets in a low cost way
- monitor real time sales and use data to make informed business decisions
Why join DIT’s E-Exporting Programme
DIT’s E-Exporting Programme helps UK companies who are:
- new to selling online
- already selling online, but need help with specific issues
- experienced in online sales, but are looking to sell on multiple platforms globally
The programme enables you to:
- arrange a free meeting through your local DIT office to get expert international trade advice and support
- meet a DIT e-commerce adviser where relevant to help develop and implement an international e-commerce strategy
- set up on marketplaces and identify new marketplaces around the world to sell through with our ‘Selling Online Overseas’ tool
- access better than commercial rates to list on some marketplaces, including lower commission fees and ‘try for free’ periods
Follow us on Twitter @tradegovuk_ecom.
Selling through multiple channels
Managing e-commerce across multiple platforms can be challenging. Before considering taking a multiple platform approach you should determine which partner is likely to be most suitable by looking at your:
- current sales volume
- capacity for growth
Platform integration companies can link your product to global marketplaces using software enabling you to sell into multiple sales channels. A number of companies operate in this area.
Marketplace opportunities for UK retailers and brands
An online marketplace provides a platform for retailers of all sizes to do business through e-commerce.
DIT works with a number of global marketplaces and, in some cases, have negotiated special deals. You can view which platforms have a discount in place for DIT clients by taking a look at our ‘Selling Online Overseas’ tool.
How to join DIT’s E-Exporting Programme
Arrange a free meeting through your local DIT office to get expert international trade advice and support
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an online marketplace? If you would like to work with DIT to on-board UK sellers and raise awareness for UK products overseas, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Watch videos which give guidance on e-commerce, exporting online and selling on specific marketplaces.
Retailers increase their export capabilities by selling online. Success stories include:
- Red Herring Games through Amazon
- Burlingham London through Amazon and Newegg
- Rarewaves through Amazon Australia
- FreestyleXtreme through e-Bay and Amazon
- DIT partners with retailer Newegg to promote British tech brands
- Online exporting package launched to help British businesses ‘sell while they sleep’
- Selling overseas: a guide for beginners
- E-commerce for UK small businesses selling online to the USA
- ‘Beyond e-commerce to everywhere-commerce’
- ‘Exporting in the digital age: Helping UK retailers to succeed globally’
- How to increase your online sales with social commerce
- e-Exporting to Korea - a guide for British companies
Sign up to DIT webinars on e-commerce.