You must book your Life in the UK Test online at least 7 days in advance. It costs £50.
There are around 60 test centres in the UK - choose one of the 5 closest to where you live.
If the centre isn’t close to where you live, you won’t be allowed to sit the test and you won’t get a refund. You must bring proof of your address to the test.
You’ll need all of the following to book a test:
- email address
- debit or credit card
- an accepted form of ID
This is the only official government service for booking the life in the UK test.
You can use one of the following as ID to book the test:
- passport - it can be out of date
- UK photocard driving licence - full or provisional
- convention travel document (CTD), certificate of identity document (CID) or stateless person document (SPD)
- EU identity card
- immigration status document endorsed with a UK residence permit on a passport with a photo - it can be out of date
- biometric residence permit
Check the ‘Identification requirements’ document to make sure the ID you have is acceptable.
Email email@example.com for help if you don’t have any of these documents.
The name you give on your test booking must be an exact match with the name on the ID you use to book the test.
You must include any middle names on the booking form or your test will be rejected and you won’t get a refund.
You can make special requests when you book your test, eg if you have a disability and need extra equipment or help accessing the centre.
Contact the Life in the UK Test Helpline if you need help with your booking.
Life in the UK Test Helpline
Telephone: 0800 015 4245
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
Find out about call charges