Legal problems abroad

You can apply for legal aid in:

  • EU countries (except Croatia and Romania)
  • Norway, Switzerland, Turkey and Azerbaijan

You can get help with your application from a publicly funded solicitor, including getting documents translated.

Contact the embassy or consulate of that country or the Legal Aid Agency to find out how to apply.

Legal Aid Agency - for legal problems abroad