Eligibility and requirements for stone wall - stone from quarry supplement.
Farmers and other land managers can apply for water grants.
Read the accompanying guidance to find out more about Countryside Stewardship water grants 2015.
How much will be paid
£44.00 per metre.
Where the supplement is available
This supplement is available in Catchment Sensitive Farming target areas. It can only be used on walls that are being rebuilt with the BN12 - Stone wall restoration item. It should be used to fill the gap after using item RP2 - Gateway relocation.
Applicants must send dated photographs of the sections of wall to be restored with their application for this supplement.
Successful applicants will need to:
- use imported stone that matches the type, size and style of the wall that’s being restoring;
- restore the wall as specified by item BN12 - Stone wall restoration; and
- remove all surplus stone from the site after completing the work.
Records you need to keep
You’ll need to keep:
- any consents and bank statements associated with the work, and show them on request;
- a receipted invoice to show you got the stone from an off-site quarry; and
- dated photographs to show that the work has been carried out to specification (send these with any claim and show them on request).
How to carry out this supplement
The following section gives advice on carrying out this item successfully.
How to choose the right style for the wall
The wall should be restored in the local style. Stone that matches other locally used stones in composition, shape and size should be used.
This supplement can only be used on the same wall as the following items and supplements: