If you’re a tax agent, use this service to manage your client's details if they have signed up to or opted out of Making Tax Digital for VAT.
Use this service for clients who’ve signed up or opted out of Making Tax Digital to:
- change VAT details
- print VAT certificates
- cancel VAT registration
- print VAT Returns
- opt clients out of Making Tax Digital
- sign clients up for Making Tax Digital
- submit VAT returns for clients who’ve opted out of Making Tax Digital
Online services may be slow during busy times. Check if there are any problems with this service.
Before you start
You’ll need the Government Gateway user ID and password for your agent services account and information about the business.
If your client’s business details change, you must tell HMRC within 30 days.
When you cannot use this service
There’s a different way to:
- manage clients who’ve never signed up for Making Tax Digital for VAT
- manage your own business’s VAT account
- tell HMRC about other changes to your client’s details
If you need help changing your client’s details, contact the VAT online services helpdesk.