If you’re a tax agent, tell HMRC if your client's business details change or you need to cancel their VAT registration.
If your client’s business details change, you must tell HMRC within 30 days.
Which details you can update
You can update your client’s:
- VAT registration status, including cancelling their registration
- business name if they’re a limited company or a limited liability partnership
- principal place of business
- VAT Return dates
Update your client’s details
- your client’s VAT registration number
- the Government Gateway user ID and password you got when you created your agent services account
Online services may be slow during busy times. Check if there are any problems with this service.
If you need help changing your client’s details, contact the VAT online services helpdesk.