Log in to your HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) online account to submit your VAT Return. You can also view your VAT account and access other VAT online services.
Online services may be slow during busy times. Check if there are any problems with this service.
Before you start
To use this service you need:
- a VAT number
- a Government Gateway user ID and password
You get these when you register for VAT.
This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Using your account
You can use your account to:
- set up a Direct Debit to pay VAT
- view your payments and outstanding liabilities
- report changes to your business
- sign up for email reminders of when your VAT Return is due
- cancel your VAT registration
Other VAT services
You can also log in to your HMRC online account to: