Regional Growth Fund programmes guide
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Part of:
- Government funding programmes
- 10 April 2014
- Last updated:
- 24 October 2016, see all updates
- Applies to:
Explains how businesses, looking for funding of less than £1 million, can apply for support through Regional Growth Fund (RGF) programmes.
Regional Growth Fund (RGF) money is available through RGF programmes.
RGF programmes are schemes run by national or local organisations that have been awarded RGF cash to offer grants and/or loans to eligible businesses.
RGF programmes have allocated £1.6 billion to 20,400 small and medium businesses.
To be eligible businesses must:
- be based in England
- want to strengthen or grow their business
- create or protect jobs
- be investing private capital
- be unable to find funding elsewhere for the application
- be state aid compliant
Please note each Regional Growth Fund programme will have specific criteria for applications. You will need to check this when you apply.
|University of Sheffield||Civil Nuclear Sharing in Growth: Supplier Development & Manufacturing Research|
|Creative England||Creative Industries Business Growth Programme|
|Fredericks Foundation||Community Microenterprise Hubs (Loans & Mentoring)|
|UK Steel Enterprise Ltd||Seedcorn and Development Investment Programme for SMEs (SDIP)|
|Sharing in Growth UK Ltd||Sharing in Growth Supplier Development Scheme|
|Derby Employment Taskforce||Derby Enterprise Growth Fund|
|University of Derby||Invest to Grow|
East of England
No ‘live’ programme(s) currently available.
|NELEP Programme||North East Investment Fund|
|East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce and Industry||Lancashire Business Growth Fund|
|Economic Solutions Ltd||Greater Manchester Export Fund|
|Merseyside Special Investment Fund||High Growth Business Investment Programme|
|St Helen’s Chamber||Merseyside Jobs and Growth Fund|
|East Sussex County Council||East Sussex Invest|
|Kent County Council||Kent and Medway Business Fund (currently closed but taking enquiries)|
|Cornwall Marine Network Limited||The Cornwall Marine Capital Fund|
|North Devon+||Unlocking Business Investment|
Programmes to be confirmed.
Yorkshire and the Humber
|Let’s Grow||Let’s Grow RGF Programmes|
Visit the government’s Business finance support finder for more information on what is available.
Contact the respective programme lead directly if you are interested in any of the live programmes listed on this page. They can tell you whether you are eligible and suitable for their programme.
Contact the BEIS RFG Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you experience any difficulties making contact with the programmes.
Published: 10 April 2014
Updated: 24 October 2016
- Added 2 new programmes to the nationwide list. Removed programmes from the lists for East Midlands, North East, West Midlands, and Yorkshire and the Humber.
- Added East Sussex County Council to list of programmes.
- Added Greater Manchester Export Fund to the list of live programmes in the North West.
- Updated list of live programmes.
- List of 'Live programmes' updated.
- Updated live programme list added.
- Revised list of 'live' Regional Growth Fund programmes added.
- First published.
Part of: Government funding programmes
Related guides: Regional Growth Fund