Guidance for customers explaining how to redeem a Green Homes Grant voucher.
Applies to England
This guidance is for customers. There is separate guidance for installers.
The Green Homes Grant is closed for new applicants.
You can still redeem a voucher if all of the following apply:
- you have a Green Homes Grant voucher
- the work has been completed by your TrustMark-registered installer
- you’re the homeowner or landlord
You should have a separate voucher for each of the home improvements (‘measures’) that you applied for.
If you’ve got more than one voucher, you must redeem them separately.
You must redeem your voucher by the expiry date shown on the voucher.
Before you start
- your reference number (this is in your voucher email)
- your voucher number (this is in your voucher email)
- the postcode of the property where the improvements have been made
- the email address that you applied with
- an electronic copy of your invoice - you’ll need a separate invoice for each voucher you’re redeeming
You’ll need to confirm:
- you’re happy that the work has been done properly
- the installer gave you the necessary certification documents
- you’ve paid your share of the costs to the installer (if the total cost was more than your grant)
How to redeem your voucher
Download and complete the redemption form below. You’ll need to submit a separate form for each voucher you want to redeem.
Once completed send the form and the supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll need to include the following information in your email:
- your full name
- your reference number
- the address of the property where the measure was installed
It remains the responsibility of the voucher holder to redeem their voucher. A voucher cannot be redeemed by anyone else.
After you redeem your voucher
You’ll receive a confirmation email.
The grant will be paid directly to the installer.
Help and support
Contact the Green Homes Grant team for help redeeming your voucher.