Find help to claim rural payments
This guidance was withdrawn on
This page has been archived as the application window for the 2015 Basic Payment Scheme closed on 10 July. For more information read Basic Payment Scheme (BPS).
If you're a farmer registering online for rural payments or applying for the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS), there's support available - including drop-in centres where you can drop off your application.
It’s not too late to apply for BPS this year
Even though the application deadline of 15 June has passed, you can still apply for the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) until 10 July. However, every working day:
- late BPS applications lose 1% of their value
- late applications for entitlements lose 3% (this applies only to payments related to the new entitlements)
- late applications for the young farmer payment lose 1% (this applies only to the value of the young farmer payment, not the main BPS payment)
Applications received after midnight on 10 July 2015 will be rejected.
- call the Rural Payments helpline on 03000 200 301
- come to an RPA drop-in centre or a mobile support unit
- get help from a local organization
- use an agent
RPA drop-in centres
RPA have set up drop-in centres across England where you can:
- hand in your BPS application form, RLE1 forms and other documents
- get a receipt
- get help to register online
They can do a basic check of your application form(s) to make sure you’ve:
- included your SBI number
- included land data
- filled in the active farmer section
- signed it
They can’t answer detailed questions about your individual application or advise you about what to claim payment for.
You need to book an appointment if you’re an agent with 5 or more claims.
Find your nearest drop-in centre
Drop in centres are open at RPA’s 6 main offices:
|Carlisle||Eden Bridge House, Lowther Street, Carlisle, CA3 8DX|
|Exeter||Sterling House, Dix’s Field, Exeter, EX1 1QA|
|Newcastle||Lancaster House, Hampshire Court, Newcastle, NE4 7YH|
|Reading||Northgate House, Reading, RG1 1AF|
|Workington||Curwen Road, Workington, CA14 2DD|
|York||Foss House, Kings Pool, 1-2 Peasholme Green, York,YO1 7PX|
Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Book an appointment
You must book an appointment if you need help to register online.
To book an appointment call the Rural Payments helpline on 03000 200 301.
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (closed on weekends).
Mobile support units
RPA also has 10 mobile support units which will travel around the country. These offer a similar service to the drop-in centres and give you help to get online and register for rural payments.
If you’ve already told RPA you’ll need extra help to register (because you live in a remote area or can’t get to a drop-in centre due to a disability), they will call you to arrange a home visit.
Other organizations which can help you register
There are also a number of other organizations (PDF, 37.4KB, 2 pages) across the country that can help you register online.
Find an agent
The following trade associations can tell you about agents in your area who can help you make a claim. Agents charge for this service.
- British Institute of Agricultural Consultants (BIAC) – call 01275 375559
- Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (CAAV) – call 01594 832979
Published: 19 December 2014
Updated: 16 June 2015
- Updated to remind readers that it's not too late to apply for BPS.
- Updated Drop-in Centre opening times
- Added additional Mobile Support Unit available on 12 June at Lyndhurst Community Centre
- Updated the opening times for Drop-in Centres
- Updated to cover next week and 15th June opening times.
- Updated opening times information in the Drop in Center document.
- Opening times updated for Penrith and Chelmsford offices.
- Updated opening times for Drop-in Centres
- updated page and removed graphic
- Thirsk and Sollihull Drop in Centres information updated to show open 30/31 May, 9am - 3pm
- Added visit to Kington on 11 June 2015
- List of auction mart's updated and opening time to Reading drop-in-centre
- RPA Main sites opening hours updated to include Saturday/Sunday opening times
- Opening times have been amended with latest opening hours.
- Added more Mobile Support Centre locations
- Added bank holiday opening times
- Update to location for auction mart at Kington
- Drop-in centre, mobile support units and auction mart details updated
- More dates added to mobile support units being available at auction markets
- Changes to opening times to the Solihull and Warrington offices
- Updated the RPA support centre list - The Environment Agency office in Spalding is now by appointment only. Amendment to the addresses for the Bristol and Tauton offices. Opening hours for the Solihull and Warrington offices amended.
- Updated - removed assistance by Cosmic as workshops are no longer available.
- Added latest mobile support centres locations.
- Updated opening and closing times for support centers at: Blandford Bodmin Farnham Ipswich Kelvedon Leeds Peterborough Preston Skipton Spalding Taunton Thirsk Crewe Solihull
- Added link to new online map showing RPA Support Centres
- Updated some of the opening times
- Updated with locations and opening times of RPA support centres
- Updated to reflect the new way to apply for the Basic Payment Scheme.
- First published.