Training and continuing professional development (CPD) for people working in the fetal anomaly screening programme (FASP) in England.
This guide sets out education and training resources available to healthcare professionals working in the fetal anomaly screening programme (FASP).
Most e-learning developed by the NHS screening programmes is available on the e-Learning for Healthcare (e-LfH) website.
E-learning for GPs
Complete the British Medical Journal’s antenatal and newborn screening module to learn about:
- the principles of screening and how they are applied in practice
- what screening programmes are available
- how to advise patients about the timing of screening tests
Screening support sonographers
The ultrasound practioners handbook explains the standards and processes for ultrasound practitioners working in fetal anomaly screening. It also includes the:
- nuchal translucency score sheet
- crown rump length scoresheet
- red flag action plan (bias)
- red flag action plan (throughput)
- training logbook for new practitioners
- return to practice logbook
Education and training: all programmes
Read and download education and training resources for all screening programmes.
- midwife resource cards
- the screening timeline
Health Knowledge: screening overview
The interactive learning on screening available from Health Knowledge is helpful for new and non clinical staff or those returning after a long period of absence.