Consular enquiries in Hong Kong

Information on services provided by the British Consulate General in Hong Kong and other UK government departments.

Please read the following information carefully before contacting us:

Consular services

We support British people in Hong Kong. We issue emergency travel documents if a British passport is expired, lost or stolen and provide notarial and documentary services. Read more information on how we support British nationals abroad.

British passports

See overseas British passport applications to find out how to renew or apply for a British passport and also the contact details for Her Majesty’s Passport Office.

UK Visas

Check if you need a UK visa and contact UK Visas and Immigration from outside the UK to find out where to direct your visa enquiry.

British nationality enquiries

Check if you’re a British citizen and our information on becoming a British citizen. Also, see our information about British Nationals (overseas).

Getting married in Hong Kong

See getting married abroad for information.

Living in Hong Kong

See living in Hong Kong for useful information if you live in Hong Kong.

Travel advice

For information and advice on travelling to Hong Kong, see travel advice for Hong Kong.

Contact us

If you still cannot find the information online and it relates to consular assistance for British nationals you can contact us at . Please be aware that we do not reply to enquiries about passports applications with HMPO or visas.

We aim to reply to emails within 10 working days. Please note that we can only respond to emails in English. Please call us if you require urgent assistance.

Be advised email requests for support for British people overseas and general information are stored for two months, after which they are destroyed. Emails about UK visas and British passports are kept for one month.

Published 4 November 2016